Author Academy: how to write a good cover letter
Read further Springer guidance on:
Journal publishing | Book Publishing | English Writing | Peer Review| Open Access
Quick tip: how to write a good cover letter
Check the journal’s Instructions for Authors
Check to see whether the journal’s Instructions for Authors have any requirements for cover letters, e.g. disclosures, statements, potential reviewers.
Then, write a letter that explains why the editor would want to publish your manuscript:
- Please find enclosed our manuscript, “[manuscript title]” by [first author's name] et al., which we would like to submit for publication as a [publication type] in [name of the journal].
- To our knowledge, this is the first report showing…
- We believe our findings would appeal to the readership of [journal name].
- Please address all correspondence to:
- We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
All cover letters should include these sentences:
- We confirm that this manuscript has not been published elsewhere and is not under consideration by another journal.
- All authors have approved the manuscript and agree with its submission to [insert the name of the target journal].
Springer Author Academy free online courses
We provide the learning materials to help you: write, submit, and publish your manuscript; become a peer reviewer; and learn about open access. Take our quizzes to earn your certificate of completion today!
Створено 13.11.2015 21:03
Змінено 13.11.2015 21:06